Acces Deschis (OA)
- Categorie parinte: Acces Deschis (OA)
- Categorie: Cronica OA
- Creat la Luni, 05 Martie 2007 13:20
- Scris de Constantinescu Nicolaie
- Afişări: 4257
I've analyzed the Communication from the Commission and the overview seems to mark a supportive standpoint as the text draws some promising conclusions and designs future actions in relation with open access.
In spite of the layer of indecision that transpires, Commission draws a line of support for open access through the voice of commissioner Viviane Reding.
Commissioner Viviane Reding emphasized her commitment to solving some of the most important aspects: dealing with stakeholders: “[...] I intend to contribute personally to the aim of bringing stakeholders closer together on the most controversial issues”.
I mentioned about the level of indecision, yes this is the overall impression and is justified by the lack of more specific actions, a calendar maybe or any instrumental involvement...
Some things could be done in support of adding more weight and these actions are pointed out in the Communication.
I believe that at some point in time there should be established a clearing house in order to tackle the issues pointed out: organisational, legal, technical and financial. This could constitute the foundation of a pan-european project that would even the odds. The financial instruments for such an enterprise are clearly pointed out and I only hope that this will be put into practice. I put to your attention an example of exchange point http://www.egov-goodpractice.org/
Something similar could be easily built and any other ideas could follow.
I've built a visual representation of the events spanned over 13 months as they were presented in Peter Suber's article The Ides of February in Europe: The European Commission plan for open access (SPARC Open Access Newsletter, issue #107).
I thank Peter Suber for all the effort and to the community for the time invested.
Articole legate de acesta
- Biblioteca Centrală Universitară „Carol I” se re-dezvăluie în Noaptea Muzeelor
- Percepţiile utilizatorilor privind beneficiile TIC în bibliotecile publice din România - Raport Final
- Cross-European survey to measure users’ perceptions of the benefits of ICT in public libraries - Final Report
- Computere pentru cinici - Ted Nelson
- Titanicul s-a scufundat cu 1800 la bord
- test albina
- HTML microdata, un fragment
- PHAIDRA - Depozite Digitale în Universitățile din Balcanii de West
- PHAIDRA - Digital Repositories at the Western Balkan Universities
- Zilele Bibliotecarului la CLuj 2013